The life of a fox is a dangerous one. This is expertly demonstrated when Mr. and Mrs. Fox get caught in a trap whilst raiding a squab farm. Mrs. Fox (Meryl Streep) picks this moment to tell her husband, Foxy (George Clooney), that she is pregnant and wants him to take a safer line of work.
Twelve fox years later, the family Fox lives in a hole with their adolescent son, Ash (Jason Schwartzman). Foxy decides that they need to move into a place with more space, and the home they decide on is at the base of a tree. Foxy’s lawyer, Clive Badger (Bill Murray) tries to talk him out of the place, being that it is a dangerous area for foxes, but Foxy will have none of it, it is close to various facilities and amenities.
Ash, who was not the most upbeat of foxes in the first place, is dragged further into despair when his cousin, Kristofferson Silverfox, comes to stay due to his father’s illness. Kristofferson seems to be better than Ash at most things, especially the sport of Whackbat, and he is better at winning the attention and respect of Ash’s father.
Foxy’s job as a newspaper columnist starts to become too boring, so he decides to get his friend, Kylie Opossum, to help him steal produce from the adjacent three farms. Foxy is very good at stealing, and soon the farmers go after him. Quickly, the trio of farmers ambushes Foxy, but he is able to escape with a wound. Foxy’s tail has been shot off. The persistent farmers decide to dig Foxy and his family out of the tree stump. As they dig through, Foxy and their family dig further down to escape. Underground, the under-fire Fox family meets up with the other residents of the area who are less than happy with Foxy’s game.
If you have yet to complete the quiz, do not read any further as there is a list of all questions and their correct answers below.
1. What was the first line?
What’d the doctor say?
2. What was the last line?
That was a good toast
3. What year was this movie released?
4. Who directed this movie?
5. How many Oscars was this movie nominated for?
6. Who wrote the novel this movie was based upon?
7. What sort of farm was Mr. Fox and Felicity raiding at the start of the movie?
8. How many fox years is two years?
9. What are the names of the three mean farmers?
Boggis, Bunce and Bean
10. What is Kristofferson’s father suffering from?
11. What do Ash and Kristofferson find whilst looking for Mr. Fox’s tail
Nutmeg-ginger apple snap
12. Who is Bean’s security guard?
13. What is the game that Coach Skip explains to Kristofferson?
14. What does Rat ask for before he dies?
15. What is the name of the rabid beagle?
16. At the end of the movie, where is the Fox’s new home?
Under a supermarket
17. Who voiced Rat?
18. Who voiced Clive Badger?
19. Who voiced Felicity?
20. Who voiced Mr. Fox?