Manni, (Moritz Bleibtreu) the small time criminal, has just made a gross and expensive error. He had been entrusted with a job to collect one hundred thousand Deutsche Marks for his boss, Ronnie (Heino Ferch).
Manni’s girlfriend, Lola (Franka Potente), was to have taken him, but her moped had been stolen, meaning that Manni had to travel by train. On the train, the sight of local police made Manni nervous, thus making him forget about his bag full of money on the seat with him.
Once onto the platform, with the train’s doors closing, Manni realises his mistake, only to see a homeless man examining the bag. Manni sets in chase, but finds that the man, along with the bag is long gone. Manni calls Lola from a phone booth, lamenting his bad luck, and explains that he only has twenty minutes to get the money or a vengeful Ronnie will kill him.
Manni explains that his plan is simple, he has a pistol, and his is standing outside a supermarket. Manni is going to rob the store and hopefully get enough money to cover his debt. Lola urges Manni to wait the full amount of time. She promises to sort it for him so he does not have to risk the possibility of a violent and dangerous robbery. Her first plan is to run to her father’s work, a bank, where she intends to get the money from Papa (Herbert Knaup). Lola quickly sets off running to the bank.
During this run, Lola will interact with a number of people, resulting in different outcomes for each of them, had she not been there. The remainder of the movie follows three such instances, and the results of Lola’s interactions, or lack thereof.
If you have yet to complete the quiz, do not read any further as there is a list of all questions and their correct answers below.
1. What was the first line?
Man… probably the most mysterious species on our planet.
2. What was the last line?
What’s in the bag?
3. What year was this movie released?
4. Who directed this movie?
5. How much money does Manni need?
6. Where did Manni lose the money?
7. How long did Lola have to get the money when Manni called her?
8. What does Lola’s ‘father’ do for a living?
9. First Run: How much does the cyclist offer to sell Lola his bike for?
10. First Run: What does Lola’s father call her?
11. First Run: What does the ambulance almost hit?
Pane of glass
12. Second Run: How does Lola hurt her leg?
Falls down the stairs
13. Second Run: How does Lola get the money?
Robs the bank
14. Second Run: How does Manni get killed?
Hit by the ambulance
15. Third Run: How much money does Lola win playing roulette?
16. Third Run: Who is Lola’s father?
17. Who played Herr Meier?
18. Who played Herr Schuster?
19. Who played Manni?
20. Who played Lola?